Old Fort Bay, Nassau, Bahamas
A whimsically conceived villa renovation project on Love Beach, Old Fort Bay, Nassau, Bahamas.
Strategically situated on a commanding elevated plot overlooking the sea, the property sits on 1.5 acres of mature and rather spectacular gardens, with access to a private beach.
The interiors were conceived by an international designer/art collector as a whimsical private entertaining & relaxation space.
The villa comes with a resident caretaker (living in a separate cottage) and a daily cleaner.
It boasts Starlink Internet, its own water purification system, and is powered with solar panels and a generator.
The villa’s main entrance, with floor to ceiling windows, opens to a grand entrance hall, leading to a succession of formal and informal sitting and dining areas.
– The kitchen is equipped with high end German appliances and a professional 8 burner gas stove.
– The ground floor bedroom suite overlooks both the gardens and swimming pool to which it has direct access.
– A large outdoor dining veranda looks out to sea and enjoys a constant breeze.
The 4 sitting/entertainment areas are decorated with original contemporary and tribal art, collected over a lifetime, and specially commissioned pieces.
The upper floor:
– A principal bedroom and bathroom suite, with two cedar-lined walk-in dressing rooms and a full bathroom with sea views
– An additional bedroom suite with sea views
– A study with a daybed, which could double up as a youngster’s bedroom.
All rooms enjoy sea views.
– The pool area is vast and well-suited to outdoor dining.
– The gardens include a large number of coconut and fruit trees and a vegetable garden.
Guests are allowed to pick their own and to request fresh coconut water from the resident caretaker.
– The beach access is via a private gate across the street.